Tuesday, August 30, 2011

How to Order Beer around the World


We published this on our website http://noreasterbrewing.com and it enjoyed lots of positive comments.

Today, why not learn a foreign language?  – Below, we outline the translation for beer for several countries around the world.  Next time you are traveling abroad, be sure to order a foreign beer in the native tongue!
Country: Translation for BEER
Afrikaans: Bier
Czech:
Pivo
Dutch:
Bier
Finnish:
Olut
Filipino:
Bir
French:
Bière
Gaelic:
Leann
German: Bier
Greek:
Bere
Hawaiian:
Bia
Hungarian:
Sor
Indonesian:
Bir
Irish:
Beoir
Italian:
Birra
Japanese: Biiru
Polish:
Piwo
Portugese:
Cerveja
Spanish:
Cervesa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!
Words I was never taught in my high school foreign language class!!!

Question, is the craft beer growth exploding in foreign countries like it is in America?

Anonymous said...

love this!!!!!!
sure beats my ugly american attitude of simply ordering "a beer' - although, the bartenders, (in any country I visit) all seem to understand exactly what I want. LOL

Anonymous said...

Well done! I'm heading off to Germany in October and will be sure to ask for a Bier!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto this Noreaster Brewing blog - it is very good and informative. Thanks for taking the time to share these insightful articles. I especially enjoyed the blog on translating beer into the foreign languages.